What is a Good Mack Mark %?

ahwilliams30

What is a Good Mack Mark %?

Post by ahwilliams30 »

Hey Eric,

You mentioned comparing the trades taken to Mack's markings to create a percentage not based on how many wins you got but how many matched with Mack's chart. I'm currently doing a month of bar by bar trading doing just that. I've averaged 43% of trades taken matching with Mack over 36 sessions so far. That got me thinking: what do you think is actually a good goal to have here? Obviously 100% would be ideal but I guess I'm just curious what do you think is a realistic goal? Before I return to live trading I'd really like it to be above 50% at least, but maybe that isn't even high enough.

Thanks in advance,
Drew
eric-pal

Re: What is a Good Mack Mark %?

Post by eric-pal »

This metric directly relates to your ability to read the market. You'll want this 80%+ and at that rate you'll have many more ahas. It isn't the number of trades you take, or the number that Mack marks, but the red and blue that you match to (sometimes green but those are lower probability).

Good traders are essentially trading at similar points and places in time when employing similar strategies. :)

Hopefully helpful and good trades to you!
ahwilliams30

Re: What is a Good Mack Mark %?

Post by ahwilliams30 »

Wow 80% seems super high! I will continue working to reach that goal. Thanks Eric.