Zen Trading

Shaun

Zen Trading

Post by Shaun »

Has anyone else on here noticed a 'zen/ peace/ calm' that comes and heightened senses and a clarity when you just sit and watch prices print with no expectation of taking a trade or looking for a trade?

Im experiencing this as I work through the drill in the PA Lectures from Top Gun Reversal Bars.
Its quite unexpected. And seems spooky. So wanted to ask, hoping its not just me :-)
Toby
TPT Team

Re: Zen Trading

Post by Toby »

Shaun wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:11 pm Has anyone else on here noticed a 'zen/ peace/ calm' that comes and heightened senses and a clarity when you just sit and watch prices print with no expectation of taking a trade or looking for a trade?

Im experiencing this as I work through the drill in the PA Lectures from Top Gun Reversal Bars.
Its quite unexpected. And seems spooky. So wanted to ask, hoping its not just me :-)
You got it! That's exactly what we are looking for, that "in the zone" moment. Just watching the chart without any stress is the way of getting there, I'm happy you experienced this! And this is really Eric's ambition with the lectures as well, great!!
scalptrade787

Post by scalptrade787 »

Thanks for the feedback Toby. Like I said, it seemed spooky and very unfamiliar, not like I had ever experienced before, either in everyday things or trading. I thought I might be making it up but good to hear its a real thing!
Toby
TPT Team

Post by Toby »

scalptrade787 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:58 am Thanks for the feedback Toby. Like I said, it seemed spooky and very unfamiliar, not like I had ever experienced before, either in everyday things or trading. I thought I might be making it up but good to hear its a real thing!
It's definitely a real thing - getting "in the zone" is like the movie "Limitless" if you have seen it. There's a lot out there on this topic, some use breathing as a technique to get there. So once again, congratz on experiencing this feeling! :)
raymond

Post by raymond »

Shaun wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:11 pm Has anyone else on here noticed a 'zen/ peace/ calm' that comes and heightened senses and a clarity when you just sit and watch prices print with no expectation of taking a trade or looking for a trade?

Hey Shaun,

Congrats on your clarity and peace and calmness that you are experiencing! Have you just noticed a sudden change or have you implemented something different a few months ago? I am asking because I am trying to get there but there's a constant stream of thoughts of what needs to happen in real life vs the market. What do you gauge has helped you achieve this?

Thanks
scalptrade787

Post by scalptrade787 »

Raymond, it began unexpectedly early this week while working through one of the homework exercises in "3.Top Gun reversal Bars" of the PA Lectures.
It is an observation exercise, just watching the market move while noting specific characteristics of the market that Eric outlines.
By not looking for trades and purely observing price movement, it somehow caused me to disconnect/ become objective/ not care what happens/ removed stress/ open my eyes to unseen aspects/ become more mentally clear.
I also observed a bunch of personal trading flaws that I have been reinforcing since learning to trade.

The lectures are a challenge but a very good one, Im getting huge benefit out of them already.