Getting 2019 Historical Tick Data

chrundle

Getting 2019 Historical Tick Data

Post by chrundle »

Hello!

I've been working through the lectures and am at a point where it'd help a ton to look at the charts in NT.
I tried downloading historical data from NT, but after some research I found they only guarantee historical data for 1 year.
I looked around a bit and haven't seen a good way to get what I need.

Does anyone have a way to download historical data that can be imported to NT that doesn't cost a bunch of $$?
Toby
TPT Team

Re: Getting 2019 Historical Tick Data

Post by Toby »

Hi Chrundle,

I actually got a hold of older historical data before, but I never got it to work right with my NT installation. It was a big hassle to get it running properly, each time I used it I had to restart NT several times before it worked. I talked to NT support about this, and in the end they said that this can happen when you use historical data from another machine, its best if you only use your own data, downloaded by you. And I guess its something to that, because I never have any issues with the data I have downloaded my self. So from that day on I'm always downloading historical data on my local pc (this can be automated via NT).

So in summary - personally I don't have any good experiences from using historical data from another user.
Toby
TPT Team

Post by Toby »

Hi again,

Here's a link to a service where you can buy the historical data, I know it works for some, but no guarantee it will work for you. Maybe you have already seen this site:

https://www.marketreplaydata.com/pricing/
chrundle

Post by chrundle »

I see, that's a shame it's such a pain to setup. I've already spent more time on this than I would have liked. If it's not guaranteed I'll probably move on and focus on studying.

Yeah, going forward I'll make sure I'm downloading the data each day.

Thank you for the advice!